Pinto spindle issues

Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc

Moderator: Team

phantomfab
Pinto spindle issues

Post by phantomfab »

Hey everyone. I have an issue I have ran into. I'm needing the outer bearing to adapt a metric rotor to a pinto/granada spindle. M12610 I believe is the race I have that fits the hub but I am having the issue of finding a bearing/cone that fits the spindle. Thank you in advance for any help.
Baprace
HotPass
HotPass

Re: Pinto spindle issues

Post by Baprace »

phantomfab, not sure if this helps you, metric cars had two different spindles and the outer bearing was different, if I remember correctly the 1978 was one size and 1979 and up were a different size. The complete spindle with rotor from a 1979 car would fit the 1978 car.
phantomfab

Post by phantomfab »

The setup is actually on a tre dirt modified with a chevelle stub. I bought pinto spindles and bought brackets for a 10.5 in metric rotor and caliper. The rotors came with the car and I was told they were on pinto so I dles but the spindles had been sold. The inner bearings were still there so I could use the number to buy new ones. But the outer were gone. I read that a a12 bearing kit would fit. However when I went to out it together the inner diamiater was correct but the race wasn't even close to fitting the hub.
phantomfab

Post by phantomfab »

1.969 outer diameter of the race and a .8656 in diameter is needed. I just can't seem to find a bearing with those specs.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Don't know if this will help or not, but here goes.

Chase down an old set of Hollander Manuals and see if you can't cross reference? Public Libraries used to have them on the shelf's but don't know about now?

And maybe TSM and ECI might know? It's been years since I looked for parts like this is all?

pdq67