Carbureter Return Regulator Plumbing

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

1980RS
Guru
Guru
Re: Carbureter Return Regulator Plumbing

Post by 1980RS »

One day at the track my fuel pressure was dropping down to 3 psi on the big end when I was running my Comp 140 pump. Everyone said I needed to step up my fuel system, and I did a few years down the road. Turned out a I had a plugged fuel filter, it was hell trying to find one for my Russell filter assy. but it fixed my fuel problem at the time.
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Post by skinny z »

1980RS wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:50 pm One day at the track my fuel pressure was dropping down to 3 psi on the big end when I was running my Comp 140 pump. Everyone said I needed to step up my fuel system, and I did a few years down the road. Turned out a I had a plugged fuel filter, it was hell trying to find one for my Russell filter assy. but it fixed my fuel problem at the time.
Filters were always on the inspection agenda and considering that the entire system including the tank are (were) brand new, not surprisingly the filters are always clean.
But, that's another item on the to do list this spring.
Kevin
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Post by skinny z »

This brings to mind another item on the rework agenda. It's got nothing to do with the fueling issues as it was a late edition but I have a full car length of -6AN hose being used as a return line. I don't recall it being PTFE lined and all the fuel in this country is at a minimum E10.
My otherwise clean fuel system, I hope isn't contaminated with this fuel line deteriorating and filling the tank with crap. I suppose my pre-pump filter with tell the tale if it is.
Kevin